The successful candidate will have experience working leading software development teams through a regulated environment. The Technical Software Project Lead has competency in software architecture and design, requirements analysis and customer focus. The consistent ability to successfully interact with RND customers daily is vital to fulfilling the role.
The majority of RND’s clients develop medical devices regulated by the FDA. The successful candidate will be able to quickly learn about FDA 21 CFR Part 820 – Quality System Regulation and IEC 62304 Software Development Lifecycle.
The Technical Software Project Lead should be comfortable in application development, cloud development and/or embedded software development. The position requires planning and often executing multiple projects at one time and successfully guiding and reviewing other engineers through all phases of the project’s development.
- Capable of working at a high level of performance on multiple projects and activities that dramatically impact the business.
- Provide technical leadership for application software designs and development to be used in medical diagnostic devices (both class II and III).
- Work with other technical leads on the design and development of application software and system-level software.
- Reliably manage high-quality software within schedule and budget constraints.
- Interacts with the SW and QA engineers to ensure that software products are robust, of very high quality, and meet FDA regulations (FDA 21 CFR Part 820 – Quality System Regulation and IEC 62304 Software Development Lifecycle).
- Implement software design efficiently in current programming languages (C#, C++, etc.).
- Proficient use of appropriate tools and techniques for productivity and code quality: debuggers, profilers, unit testing, source control, etc.
- Participate in the full life cycle of development, from specification and design through implementation, testing, and support.
- Define software development priorities and communicate software requirements with the development team and customers.
- Write software requirements specifications and software documentation for internal and external audiences.
- An MS/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 15 years experience
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to tackle complex development tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to create and track a project budget and timeline
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience in developing Graphical User Interfaces
- Medical device experience is a plus
- Experience in developing software to control FDA Class 2 and 3 devices is a plus
RND is a highly specialized software engineering firm dedicated to the FDA-regulated medical device market. We work with companies by partnering with their product development organizations in providing project management, requirements management, software engineering, and product testing services as needed to complement our clients’ existing engineering departments.
RND develops software to assist with our client’s Next Generation medical device platforms and instruments. These platforms and instruments provide “breakthrough” technologies that are used to diagnose cancer and other diseases, develop personalized medicines, provide gene sequencing, and perform research to assist with developing other healthcare solutions.
Send resumes to [email protected]